Friday, December 19, 2008

More Snow

We ended up with about 2 feet of snow, so Clif and the kids built this snowman. We kept up on the driveway and today it's sparkling dry!! No ice to slip on.
We made a snow hill for the kids to sled on. I only got the back of Klara since I had to help her on the "hill".
Kaleb knew what to do and loved it. He would sled today.....but the driveway is clean. :)
I added this pic to kind-of show how we were plowed in. After the city made a few swipes with their plows, they decided that was not enough and brought out the big tractor grader. It wouldn't have been so bad except that the started the grader 2 blocks away and then by magic it seemed to spill out at our driveway and our neighbors. It was crazy high. So our neighbor called the mayor (again, small town benefits) and he sent this tractor to literally plow us out. We had the police over since cars were parked on the street and that's illegal during snow removal days. The police seem to think we were plowed in because of the cars parked. Anyways, this tractor removed our mess so we could get out. Of course, I was inside making dinner and it was a little to late to get the real impact of this pic, but it works. A side note, I think the snowman looks funny now. He may fall over any minute.....we got some freezing rain and started to melt him away. Now we wait and see how much longer he will stay up.

No comments: