Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busy June

Gee, June has been busy already...and it's only the 10th. Our month started out with VBS. This year's theme was Outrigger Island (think hawaiian). Klara stayed in the nursery while Kaleb attend his class.
Kaleb got to color this iron-on and later wear it. He was quite proud of it, but mommy did help a bit. Ok, then I got this wild hair to paint our fence.....well, maybe it wasn't too wild of a hair since the fence needed some serious help. So I started on my way. (They make it look so much easier on HGTV....presto and it's done!!)

Keep in mind, the paint still needed to dry....it really looks a TON better!! The whole fence only took 3 afternoons and 2 gallons of paint....and a few new play shirts for the kids. As day #1 of painting came to a close, I thought I heard my address being called out from heaven....yes, really.....and then I heard that heaven has a warrant for my arrest and I should come out because they were not leaving. So after I realized it wasn't heaven speaking (and the blood came back to my face) I went to investigate. I found the show COPS in my front yard.....ok, not really the show but it sure would have been if there had been a few cameras. I see a police suv practically in my front yard and his hand on his gun, the other hand on the microphone......my saving grace....he wasn't looking at me until I showed up. He asked me to leave since "it may get ugly". Of course I bee lined it back to my back yard and almost pee'd my pants. Yes, pee'd my pants....almost. Luckily the officer repeated himself (not heaven calling) and announced my neighbors address and all the above about the warrant. I immediately called someone as my "witness" by phone and kept her on line with me the rest of the time. They got my neighbor...all the screaming, yelling, authority, etc came out. There were a total of 5 police cars there to arrest this one guy. Gee, I feel safe living next door to them now...not. The drama was over just about as quick as it began, but I just had to share the info. As for the arrestee, he was back home that night and all is somewhat normal again there.


Moving on....the week at VBS was great. I did the craft area for the kids. It sure is a blessing to work with all the little ones. They seemed to learn so much that week and we had several 5th and 6th grades accept Jesus. What an awesome time!!


I'll end with Saturday when we went to Home Depot for the kids craft day. They got to build boats and paint them as well. Both kids had a ball with it and proudly showed off their creations.


No comments: